Dealing with Interior Water Damage in El Paso
Water is essential for life- and it is also one of the most damaging elements that can affect your home. The damage that can come from one small leak is mind boggling when you consider how many of us put off small leaks as something we can fix later. Every building or home is made up of several key components- roof, walls, beams, wiring, etc. Just one little leak can mean a host of problems for any one of these areas. That’s why when it comes to interior water damage, you need the help of the experts at Noah’s Roofing to prevent catastrophic damage that cannot be reversed.
Dangers Associated with Interior Water Damage
When water makes its way into your home, it usually makes it way inside from two sources- leaky pipes or a leaky roof. While Noah’s Roofing advises you to call a plumber to fix those leaky pipes, we can help you take care of a leaky roof. But no matter where the water comes from, we can help you fix the interior water damage that your home or building experiences. It’s important to take care of any damage as soon as possible due to the many dangers that can result from them. These include:
- Attic and ceiling damage
- This is due to water damage to the insulation in these spaces. Your ceiling can become waterlogged and be in danger of falling in.
- Interior mold and mildew issues
- Moisture and warmth are the perfect habitat for mold to thrive. Even if it seems small, a roof leak can be much bigger than you think before it begins to invade your home. This gives mold a longer time to grow while you are none the wiser.
- Health issues from mold
- Due to you not realizing mold is growing in your home or business, you and others within the building can be unaware of the risk that unseen mold can have on your health.
- Fire hazards due to wiring damage
- Water and electricity are never a good mix. If water is dripping anywhere near electrical outlets, or interior wiring, you pose the risk of an electrical fire.
- Slip and fall hazards
- Any water leaks can pose a danger of slipping and falling. Don’t put yourself at unnecessary risk by ignoring leaks.
- Higher utility bills and wasted energy
- When the insulation in your walls or roof is damaged, its effectiveness is compromised. This means your home is now much more susceptible to changes in weather and temperature.
- Compromised structural integrity
- A big enough leak can weaken walls and cause wood to rot, which will deteriorate your home or building’s support over time.
Noah’s Roofing is Ready to Help
Interior water damage will always require professionals who know what they are doing. Don’t risk your home or business by trying to cut corners or ignoring dangerous leaks. Remember, no matter how small it seems, water can be a major enemy to any structure. Our experts are on hand and ready to help you repair it so you can enjoy a safe and secure home. Call us today!